A second branch of the good and successful Gate in Hammersmith (q.v.).
Like it's parent, this is a vegetarian restaurant whose menu, with robust flavours, is designed in a certain way so that even confirmed carnivores have plenty of tempting choices.
Starters, such as 'Aubergine & Cauliflower Pakora - with Pear & Coriander Chutney'; 'Courgette Flower Filled with Cheese, Pine Nuts, Basil, Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Kentil Salsa' and 'Wild Mushroom Potato Cake' were listed on a Spring menu.
Followed by the likes of 'Caesar Salad'; 'Lasagne of Home-Made Saffron Pasta with Roasted Portobello Mushrooms, Grilled Courgettes & Blush Tomatoes'; 'Chipotle Mushroms - Sauté Pied de Mouton, Pleurotes, Girolle & Chanterelle with Crème Fraiche & Chipotle Chilis; with Black Venus Rice & Sautéed Samphire' and 'Butternut & Goats Cheese Rotolo with Parsnip Crisps' on the listed mains.
Desserts are worth a visit in their own right, with perhaps 'Rosewater & Pistachio Pannacotta with Sweet Mango' and 'Orange & Chocolate Steamed Sponge Pudding' there to tempt you.
Whilst cheese lovers have a selection of British varieties from Neal's Yard.
- Food Style: Vegetarian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-16.00, Sat 12.00-14.00, Sun 12.00-21.30; mains £11 to £16; set L £15 (2 courses), £18 (3 courses); set L Sun £19.50 (2 courses), £22.50 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.45; Sun 12.00-21.30; mains £11 to £16
- Wine: a concise, but well-chosen, list has modest mark ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Angel Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page