A good neighbourhood restaurant offering no-nonsense seasonal dishes.
Expect bare wooden walls and bare tables - quite closely packed.
The menu charges with the seasons, but popular dishes, such as 'Onglet Steak with Fries'; 'Pig's Cheeks with Black Pudding & Peas' and 'Fish with Mash, Leeks, Mussels & Cockles' seem to be popular fixtures.
The sweet tooth might also be tempted by 'Sticky Toffee Pudding' or their own 'Ice Cream'.
Friendly, helpful service.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30 (Sun 13.00-15.30); mains about £14 to £18; set L Mon-Sat £10 (2 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.30; mains about £14 to £18; set D Mon-Sat 18.00-19.00 from £18 (2 courses)
- Seats: 38, plus 4 outside
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Camden Town Underground
- Directions: See the top on this page
- Closed: D Sun, 24th Dec to 1st Jan