Find this good restaurant, set in seemingly industrial surroundings, above a bar and cabaret club - dinner & show packages are very popular.
Starters such as 'Mushroom Soup with Truffle Dressing'; 'Herring Roes on Toast with Capers, Parsley & Lemon'; 'Poached Foie Gras with Melba Toast'; 'Smoked Trout with Fennel, Avocado & Chipotle' and 'Steak Tartare' set the style.
Mains include Salads, such as 'Cured Salmon with Beetroot & Horseradish Rémoulade' or those more substantial such as 'Mushroom & Celeriac Dauphinoise with Beetroot Crisps'; 'Braised Oxtail with Lentils & Swede'; 'Pork Belly with White Beans & Rocket'; 'Haddock with Cockles, Leeks & Caviar Beurre Blanc' and 'Longhorn Rib of Beef with Béarnaise'.
Puds, such as 'Treacle Tart with Clotted Cream'; 'Lemon Cheesecake with Candied Lemon' and 'Chocolate & Raspberry Cake with Crème Fraiche' or their selection of artisan cheeses complete the picture.
Their early and late set dinner offers good value.
Weekend brunch might bring live entertainment, such as a pianist.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: Sat & Sun Brunch 11.00-16.00; English Breakfast £9.75; mains about £10 to £22
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs & Sun 18.30-22.30, Fri & Sat 18.30-23.00; mains about £14 to £32; set D £18 (3 courses)
- Seats: 80
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at about £18
- Nearest station: Cambridge Heath Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page