A good vegetarian rest under the ownership of the impressive Swaminarayan Hindu temple over the road. Don't be put off by its initial appearance in a car park - all improves once inside.
Dishes come from the breadth of the sub continent. Lunchtime brings light meals, including dosas, plus curries - and these expand during the evening.
Dishes such as 'Samosas'; 'Spring Rolls'; 'Bhindi Masala' (mildly-spiced okra curry); 'Paneer Masala' (North Indian Cottage Cheese Curry'; 'Vegetable Jalfrezi' and 'Stuffed Aubergines'.
But the menu is very catholic - even offered 'Veggie Burger & Chips.
A few ice cream-type puds are listed.
If you like Indian sweets, they have a shop next door.
Address: 54-62 Meadow Garth, Neasden, London
Postcode: NW10 8HD
Tel No: 020-8965 3365
Web site: www.shayonarestaurants.com (http://www.shayonarestaurants.com/)
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11.30-22.00 (Sat 23.00, Sun 22.00); Buffet L
- Food Style: Indian Vegetarian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 11.30-22.00 (Sat & Sun 11.00-22.00); Buffet L £7.99; mains about £6 to £8
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 11.30-22.00 (Sat 23.00, Sun 22.00); mains about £6 to £8
- Seats: 150
- Wine: No Alcohol
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Stonebridge Park Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes