A good family-run restaurant combining the cooking styles of Malaysia with Chinese influences. They also offer what is effectively a Chinese menu take-away service.
Expect all the familiar Cantonese-style starters, such as 'Spring Rolls', 'Crispy Duck with Pancakes', 'Hot & Sour Soup' and 'Sesame Prawns on Toast'.
Mains such as 'Sizzling Prawns in Black Bean Sauce'; 'Salt & Pepper Squid'; 'Lemongrass Chicken' and 'Beef with Green Peppers in Black Bean Sauce'.
Plus Thai Curries; a speciality of 'Teochew Braised Pig's Trotters'; 'Beef Rendang'; 'Malay Chicken Curry'; Otak-Otak (Malaysian-style fishcakes); 'Mee Goreng' (egg noodles with beef, bean sprouts, tomatoes & eggs in a mild curry sauce) and 'Singapore Laksa'.
Friendly, helpful service.
They have another branch in Swiss Cottage (q.v.)
- Food Style: Malaysian
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-15.00, Sun 15.00-18.00; mains about £9 to £30
- Dinner: Sun-Thurs 18.00-23.00, Fri & Sat 18.00-23.30; mains about £9 to £30
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at about £18
- Nearest station: Chiswick Park Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page