A cross between a tea room and budget restaurant.
Whilst the former might be the main event, because of their famous range of jams & preserves (indeed it's strange seeing customers tucking into enormous scones at lunchtime) – they always have a few interesting main courses on offer.
These might include various Omelettes, Haddock & Chorizo Fishcakes, Home-Made Soup's & the like.
A few puds, plus good cakes are also there to tempt you.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: all week 9.00-17.30 (16.30 in winter); mains about £8
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Manningtree Rail
- Directions: See map on page
- Closed: some Bank Holidays