An upmarket restaurant offering well-cooked Cypriot-style dishes.
Most hot dishes appear from either the wood-fired clay oven or barbecue, but prices are very much geared to the Wilmslow market, so for many, this might be a special occasion place – so much so, that some might think it was the lamb that was doing the stealing!
Dishes such as 'Greek Salad – with pressed plum tomatoes, cucumber jelly & tapenade'; Ox Tongue with Oistachio Pesto, Kohlrabi Slaw & Ox Tartare' and 'Sesame-Seeded Sheep's Cheese with Sweet Onions, Spiced Spanaki & Black Bean Houmous' might set he style for starters.
'Kleftiko of Lamb Rump & Shoulder with Sweet Peas & Artichokes, Grilled Asparagus & Dolmades'; 'Roast Cod, Smoked Bean & Loukaniko Cassoulet with Crispy Calamari'; 'Baked Red Mullet with Monkfish Spanakopita, Smoked Mussel Sauce & Cramelised Fennel' and 'Mixed Grill – wild boar souvlaki, lamb rump, sheftalia, loukaniko, halloumi, beef fillet, manitari & vine tomato salad' might follow.
A few sweet delights – such as 'Paklava of Poached Pear with Honeycomb Ice Cream' and 'Galatoboureko – rosewater & vanilla semolina pudding with caramelised figs & toasted pistachios' should please those with a sweet tooth.
- Food Style: Greek
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-15.00; £14.50 (1 course), £19.95 (2 courses); Mezze Plates from £28.95 per guest (min. 2 people)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.00; mains about £14 to £19; Mezze Plates from £28.95 per person (min 2 people); Symposium Menu £45 (5 courses)
- Wine: a well-chosen list, based in Greece, but including a 'worldwide' section – kicks off in the low £20's
- Nearest station: Wilmsow Rail
- Directions: See the map on the page
- Closed: all Mon, (Sun private parties only)