Find this smart bistro in a sandstone cottage overlooking the river estuary.
Lunch time brings light dishes, ranging from tea shop items such as scones & cakes to Welsh Rabbit and excellent sandwiches (such as 'sausage' 'steak' & bacon').
The kitchen has much more ambition during the evening, and the local seafood is the main event - with perhaps Crab Salad, Seafood Stew and Lemon Sole with Brown Shrimps on offer.
There's a pleasant terrace for fairweather dining.
Friendly, helpful service.
More reports please.
Address: East Row, Sandsend, Whitby, North Yorkshire
Postcode: YO21 3SU
Tel No: 01947-893438
Nearest train station:
Directions: See the map on this page
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-15.00; sandwiches & light lunches
- Dinner: Weds-Sun 18.00-21.00; mains £8 to £18
- Seats: 40, plus about 30 outside
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Outside eating