« back to restaurants search results
The Jam Factory27 Park End Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 1HU
Find this good brasserie-style restaurant, handily-placed close to the railway station, in a converted building that once produced Frank Coopers Marmalade.
On the food front, the day starts with a wide selection of breakfast items, ranging from Granola & Porridge through Mexican 'Huevos Rancheros' & 'Breakfast Burrito' (filled with scrambled eggs, re-fried beans, Cheddar, salsa etc) to traditional British cooked items.
A noon, lunch brings everything from sandwiches to lighter brasserie-style dishes – such as 'Lamb Kofta'; 'Chili con Carne' and various 'Burgers'. Vegetarians have a few interesting options.
The kitchen's ambitions expand further in the evening with starters such as 'Chicken & Crab Tart'; 'Ham Hock & Broad Bean Terrine' and Twice-Baked Blue Cheese Soufflé' – and mains such as 'Risotto Primavera' (broad beans, asparagus, spring onion & chervil); 'Slow-Cooked Cotswold Pork Belly'; 'Cornish Lamb Rump, with Champ, Spring Vegetables & Jus'; 'Fish of the Day' and 'Steak & Chips' (aged Aberdeen Angus) being listed on a Spring menu.
Puds, such as 'Jam Sponge & Custard'; 'Bakewell Tart with Chantilly Cream' and Mocha Mousse with Honey Tuille' might be there to tempt those with a sweet tooth.
Sunday brings a popular all-day Roast.
Service has had good reports – for being friendly & helpful.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 8.00-15.00 (L 12.00-15.00), Sat 10.00-15.00, Sun 10.00-21.00; mains about £8 to £10 – plus good sandwiches
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.00-22.00, Sun 12.00-21.00; mains about £9 to £18
- Seats: 150
- Wine: a concise range of wines has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes
- Wheelchair access: Yes, throughout
- Nearest station: Oxford Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Off street and round the area in local car-parks
- Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day
- Outside eating
Reviews / Comments ( 5 out of 5 average rating)
Add your review
Thu 20th June 2013 by Will Gibson
What did you like about the Restaurant?
I particularly enjoyed the curry on Tuesday evening, absolutely delicious!
Report this review